The Potty Training Project
More than any other behavior, teaching a pup to reliably eliminate outdoors can feel like a major undertaking. Why? Because it takes vigilance, patience, and commitment for many weeks to help a pup learn where his toilet is and how to “hold it” while indoors.
The keys to success are:
- Follow the same Basic Steps each time without improvising or forgetting.
- Reward your pup with excellent treats Every Single Time for correct elimination.
- Keep your pup on a Regular Daily Routine.
- Prevent accidents using a combination of a Confinement Area + Crate Training.
- Make sure everyone in your household is on-board with the whole process!